BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-17A
Clone TC11-18H10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL-17; Il17; IL-17A; Il17a; CTLA-8; Ctla8; Interleukin-17A; interleukin 17A
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse IL-17A Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TC11-18H10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to recombinant and natural mouse IL-17A proteins. IL-17A, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-derived cytokine that promotes inflammatory responses. Mouse IL-17A is a proinflammatory cytokine that can induce the release of IL-6 by mouse stromal cells. It has been shown to support the growth of hemopoietic progenitors in vitro; it can also stimulate granulopoiesis in vivo. The TC11-18H10 antibody has been reported to neutralize IL-17A activity. Recent studies have shown that IL-17A is produced by a unique subset of Th17 cells that develop along a pathway distinct from the Th1- and Th2- cell differentiation pathways. The mouse IL-17A cDNA was isolated from a cDNA library generated from TCRαβ+CD4-CD8- thymocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.