Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse Anti-Human IL-17A
Clone N49-653 (RUO)
Consider BD HorizonTM Red 718 Reagents, bright small molecule alternative to BD PharmingenTM Alexa FluorTM 700 with low background. More Info.
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL17; IL-17; CTLA8; Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-17A Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Human IL-17A, also known as IL-17, is a proinflammatory cytokine that is encoded by the IL17A gene in chromosome 6. IL-17A is produced as a disulfide-linked homodimer comprised of two mature 136-amino acid polypeptides. It is a member of the IL-17 family of structurally related cytokines, designated IL-17A through IL-17F. Activated memory T cells, especially Th17 cells (specialized IL-17A-producing CD4+ T cells distinct from Th1 and Th2 cells) produce IL-17 and provide protective immunity against pathogens. Activated CD8+ T cells, γδT cells, NK cells and neutrophils can also be activated to produce IL-17A. IL-17A binds to and exerts its biological activity through IL-17 receptors (IL-17R) that are expressed by a variety of target cells including fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, monocytes/macrophages and mast cells. The ubiquitous IL-17R expression pattern may explain the broad tissue responsiveness to IL-17. IL-17 induces stromal cells to secrete cytokines and chemokines involved in inflammatory and hematopoietic processes. For example, IL-17 induces fibroblasts to produce IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF and express increased surface ICAM-1. The N49-653 antibody reacts with human IL-17A.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.