Pacific Blue™ Mouse anti-Stat3 (pY705)
Clone 4/P-STAT3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name Acute-phase response factor, APRF
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development) Chimpanzee, Cow (Predicted)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human Stat3 Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Stat (Signal transducer and activators of transcription) proteins are critical mediators of the biologic activity of cytokines, including interleukins, interferons, erythropoietin, and growth factors. Ligand-receptor interaction leads to activation of constitutively associated JAK family kinases and subsequent recruitment/activation of Stat proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation. Active Stat proteins then move to the nucleus to promote transcription of cytokine-inducible genes. Seven Stat proteins have been cloned, each of which is differentially expressed and/or activated in a cytokine-specific and cell type-specific manner. Stat3 is a 92-kDa protein that is activated as a DNA- binding protein through cytokines, such as IL-6, and growth factors, such as EGF. Stat3 activation occurs via tyrosine phosphorylation at Y705. Tyrosine phosphorylation in response to cytokine stimulation is generally mediated by JAK1. Upon activation, Stat3 dimerizes, translocates to the nucleus and binds DNA response elements, thereby regulating gene expression. It has been reported that Stat3 binds to DNA as a homodimer, but it is also capable of binding as a heterodimer with Stat1. In addition to tyrosine phosphorylation, Stat3 is also phosphorylated at S727 via the MAPK pathway. Stat3 is widely expressed and can bind to the sis-inducible element (SIE) site from the c-fos promoter. This site is similar to the GAS element that is present in IFN-γ induced genes. Thus, phosphorylation of Y705 in Stat3 occurs in response to growth factors and cytokines, and is essential for normal transcription activity.
The 4/P-STAT3 monoclonal antibody recognizes the phosphorylated Y705 of Stat3.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
This antibody conjugate is suitable for intracellular staining of human whole blood (using BD Phosflow™ Lyse/Fix Buffer) and peripheral blood mononuclear cells and cell lines (using BD Cytofix™ Fixation Buffer).