BV421 Rat Anti-Human CD294 (CRTH2)
Clone BM16 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CRTH2; PTGDR2 ; Prostaglandin D2 receptor 2; DL1R; DP2; GPR44
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CRTH2 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. VIII 80349
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The BM16 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD294. CD294 is encoded by PTGDR2 (Prostaglandin D2 receptor 2) and is also known as CRTH2 (chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells), GPR44 (G protein-coupled receptor 44), DL1R, and DP2. CD294 is a member of the G protein-coupled leukocyte chemoattractant receptor family. CD294 is expressed on Th2 cells and type-2 innate lymphoid cells (ILC2), but not Th1 type cells. CD294 is detectable on CD4+ T cells in fresh PBMC but not on B cells and NK cells. CD294 is also expressed on peripheral blood basophils and eosinophils, suggesting its involvement allergic reactions. Phenotypic analysis of CD4+ T cells expressing CRTH2 demonstrated that they were also CD45RA-negative and CD45RO+ and CD25+. These cells produce Th2- but little or no Th1-type cytokines upon stimulation with PMA and Ionomycin.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.