V450 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-10
Clone JES5-16E3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-10; Il10; CSIF; Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant mouse IL-10
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES5-16E3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the mouse cytokine, Interleukin-10 (IL-10). IL-10 is also known as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF). It is produced by various activated cell types including CD4+ T cells, CD8+ T cells, T regulatory cells, NK T cells, B1 B cells, NK cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, mast cells, granulocytes and keratinocytes. IL-10 plays a pivotal role in regulating immune responses and protecting the host from damage caused by inflammatory and autoimmune responses. IL-10 has numerous biological activities including the inhibition of cytokine synthesis by activated T cells, NK cells, monocytes, and macrophages. In the presence of accessory cells, IL-10 inhibits mitogen- or anti-CD3 induced proliferation of T lymphocytes. IL-10 has also been shown to costimulate the development of thymocytes, B cell differentiation and the generation of cytotoxic T cells. The immunogen used to generate the JES5-16E3 hybridoma was recombinant mouse IL-10. JES5-16E3 is a neutralizing antibody.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.