PE Rat Anti-Mouse IL-10
Clone JES5-16E3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant mouse IL-10
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES5-16E3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the mouse cytokine, Interleukin-10 (IL-10). IL-10 is also known as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF). It is produced by various activated cell types including CD4+ T cells, CD8+ T cells, T regulatory cells, NK T cells, B1 B cells, NK cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, mast cells, granulocytes and keratinocytes. IL-10 plays a pivotal role in regulating immune responses and protecting the host from damage caused by inflammatory and autoimmune responses. IL-10 has numerous biological activities including the inhibition of cytokine synthesis by activated T cells, NK cells, monocytes, and macrophages. In the presence of accessory cells, IL-10 inhibits mitogen- or anti-CD3 induced proliferation of T lymphocytes. IL-10 has also been shown to costimulate the development of thymocytes, B cell differentiation and the generation of cytotoxic T cells. The immunogen used to generate the JES5-16E3 hybridoma was recombinant mouse IL-10. JES5-16E3 is a neutralizing antibody.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
The PE-conjugated JES5-16E3 antibody can be used for multicolor flow cytometric analyses to identify and enumerate IL-10 producing cells within mixed cell populations (see figure). For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). For specific methodology, visit our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com, and go to the protocols section or the Techniques for Immune Function Analysis Application Handbook, Chapter 4: Immunofluorescent Staining of Intracellular Molecules for Flow Cytometric Analysis.