V450 Rat Anti-Human IL-6
Clone MQ2-13A5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL6; Interleukin-6; BSF-2; CDF; HGF; HSF; IFNB2
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-6 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MQ2-13A5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human interleukin-6 (IL-6). IL-6 is a multifunctional cytokine that plays a central role in host defense mechanisms, including hematopoiesis, immune responses (eg, T and B cell activation and differentiation) and acute phase reactions. IL-6 can be expressed by a variety of cells including monocytes/macrophages, eosinophils, fibroblasts, vascular endothelial cells, bone marrow stromal cells, mesangial cells, hepatocytes, keratinocytes, astrocytes, T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, and various tumor cells. IL-6 production is upregulated by cells in response to bacterial products such as lipopolysaccharide, viruses and other pro-inflammatory cytokines such as IL-1, TNF , and IFN-γ. IL-6 transcription is downregulated by cells in response to IL-4 and IL-10. The functional IL-6 Receptor (IL-6R) complex consists of two transmembrane glycoproteins, an 80-kDa low-affinity ligand-binding receptor subunit (IL-6Rα/CD126) and a 130 kDa (gp130/CD130) subunit that binds to IL-6-IL-6Rα to form the high-affinity signal transducing complex. Abnormal expression of IL-6 is related to the pathogenesis of many diseases including neoplastic (eg, multiple myeloma) and autoimmune diseases (eg, rheumatoid arthritis). The immunogen used to generate this hybridoma was COS-7 -expressed recombinant human IL-6.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.