Purified Rat Anti-Human and Viral IL-10
Clone JES3-9D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CSIF; Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor; TGIF
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Viral (Tested in Development)
ELISA Capture (Routinely Tested)
Intracellular block/flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
Western blot (Reported)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human IL-10
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES3-9D7 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with human IL-10 (Interleukin-10) and viral IL-10. The immunogen used to generate the JES3-9D7 hybridoma was recombinant human IL-10 expressed by COS cells. IL-10 is also known as CSIF (Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor) and (TGIF) T-cell growth inhibitory factor. IL-10 is expressed by various cell types including activated monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, mast cells, granulocytes, and lymphocytes. IL-10 is a pleiotropic cytokine that can downregulate proinflammatory immune responses, such as Th1-like responses, while promoting other responses including B cell proliferation and antibody production.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Blocking Control for Intracellular Staining: The purified JES3-9D7 antibody can be used as a blocking control to demonstrate specificity of IL-10 staining by PE-JES3-9D7 antibody (Cat. No. 554498). To perform this control, the fixed/permeabilized cells (~ 1 million) can be incubated with 1-10 µg of unlabeled JES3-9D7 antibody (Cat. No. 554496) for 20 minutes at 4°C, prior to staining with PE-JES3-9D7 antibody (e.g., 0.1 - 0.5 µg mAb/1 million cells). The intracellular cytokine staining technique and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe.
Neutralization: The NA/LE format of the JES3-9D7 antibody (Cat. No. 554495) is useful for neutralization of human or viral IL-10 bioactivity. A suitable NA/LE™ rat IgG1 isotype control to match the NA/LE™ JES3-9D7 antibody is the R3-34 antibody (Cat. No. 554682).
Western Blot: The JES3-9D7 antibody (e.g., Cat. No. 554496) has been reported to be useful for Western blotting. Please note that this application is not routinely tested at BD Biosciences.