PE Rat Anti-Mouse/Anti-Human IL-5
Clone TRFK5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human, Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Semi-Purified T-Cell Clone Supernatant
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TRFK5 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-5 (IL-5) and cross-reacts with human IL-5. The TRFK5 antibody has been reported to cross react with IL-5 from rhesus monkey. This is a neutralizing antibody.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Recommended Assay Procedure:
For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). A suitable rat IgG1 isotype control assessing the level of background staining on fixed/permeabilized or human cells is PE-R3-34 (Cat. No. 554685). An isotype control should be used at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest. For specific methodology, please visit our website protocol section or refer to Chapter 4: Immunofluorescent Staining of Intracellular Molecules for Flow Cytometric Analysis in our handbook: Techniques for Immune Function Analysis Application Handbook 1st Edition. 2003 also found at www.bdbiosciences.com.