BV421 Rat Anti-Human IL-4
Clone MP4-25D2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-4; IL4; BCGF-1; BSF-1; Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Recombinant Human IL-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MP4-25D2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Interleukin-4 (IL-4). IL-4 is also known as Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1, B cell stimulatory factor 1 (BSF-1), or B cell growth factor 1 (BCGF-1). IL-4 is produced by activated T cells, basophils, and mast cells. IL-4 is a multifunctional cytokine and growth factor that affects a variety of different target cell types. IL-4 can costimulate T cell proliferation and survival, as well as help drive Th2-like cell differentiation and effector functions. It costimulates B cell proliferation and survival, and can help B cells differentiate into IgG4- or IgE-producing cells. IL-4 can also diminish the proinflammatory functions of monocytes and macrophages. IL-4 exerts its biological effects by binding with high affinity to cell surface CD124 (IL-4Rα chain). CD124 forms signaling IL-4 receptor complexes with either CD132/common γ chain or CD213a1/IL-13Rα1 to form either Type I or Type II IL-4 Receptor complexes, respectively. The immunogen used to generate the MP4-25D2 hybridoma was purified recombinant human IL-4. This is a neutralizing antibody. The MP4-25D2 antibody has been reported to crossreact with IL-4 from rhesus monkeys. The use of the MP4-25D2 antibody for epitope mapping of human IL-4 has been described.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.