Purified Hamster Anti-Mouse CD3e
Clone 500A2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3; CD3 epsilon; Cd3e; CD3ε; T3e
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Syrian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
(Co)-stimulation, Immunoprecipitation (Reported)
- Immunogen Mouse T-cell receptor
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 500A2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 25-kDa ε chain of the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex expressed on mouse thymocytes, mature T lymphocytes, and NKT cells. Plate-bound and soluble forms of the 500A2 antibody can activate T cells in vitro. Activation of a mouse T-cell clone by the 500A2 antibody can be blocked by Fab fragments of the GK1.5 anti-CD4 antibody. This suggests that the 500A2 antibody may bind an epitope on CD3e close to a site at which CD4 associates with the T-cell receptor. The 500A2 antibody reportedly does not to crossreact with rat leukocytes.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
It has been observed that pre-incubation of thymus cell suspensions at 37°C for 2 to 4 hours prior to staining enhances the ability of anti-CD3e and anti-αβ TCR mAbs to detect the T-cell receptor on immature thymocytes. For IHC, we recommend the use of purified 500A2 mAb in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry, Cat. No. 550277. For activation of mouse T lymphocytes by plate-bound anti-CD3e mAb, we recommend BD Biosciences Biocoat™ 96-Well Clear Anti-Mouse CD3 T-Cell Activation Plates, Cat. No. 354720.