Purified Hamster Anti-Mouse CD3e
Clone 145-2C11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3; CD3 epsilon; Cd3e; CD3ε; T3e
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Western blot, Blocking, Immunoprecipitation, Immunofluorescence, Cytotoxicity, (Co)-stimulation (Reported)
- Immunogen H-2Kb specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte clone BM10-37
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 145-2C11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 25-kDa ε chain of the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex that is expressed on thymocytes, mature T lymphocytes, and NK-T cells. The cytoplasmic domain of CD3e participates in the signal transduction events that activate several cellular biochemical pathways as a result of antigen recognition. Soluble 145-2C11 antibody can activate either unprimed (naive) or primed (memory/preactivated) T cells in vivo or in vitro, in the presence of Fc receptor-bearing accessory cells. In contrast, plate-bound 145-2C11 can activate T cells in the absence of accessory cells. Soluble 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to induce re-directed lysis of Fc receptor-bearing target cells by CTL clones and can also block lysis of specific target cells by antigen-specific CTL's. Under some conditions, T-cell activation by 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to result in apoptotic cell death. The 145-2C11 antibody does not cross-react with rat leukocytes. Preincubation of thymus cell suspensions at 37°C for 2-4 hours prior to staining reportedly enhances the ability of anti-CD3ε and anti-αβ TCR mAbs to detect the T-cell receptor on immature thymocytes.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.