FITC Rat Anti-Mouse CD3 Molecular Complex
Clone 17A2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen γδ TCR-positive T-T hybridoma D1
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 17A2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex that is expressed on many thymocytes and mature T lymphocytes. Plate-bound 17A2 antibody has been reported to induce IL-2 production by cultured T cells in the absence of accessory cells. The binding of the 17A2 antibody to T cells can be blocked by the anti-CD3e mAb 145-2C11. This suggests that the 17A2 antibody recognizes an epitope of the CD3 epsilon chain. In vivo treatment with 17A2 antibody has been reported to partially deplete T lymphocytes and temporarily down-modulates CD3 expression on T cells.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.