BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD4
Clone SK3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name L3T4; Leu3a; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 ; W3/25 ; CD4 antigen (p55)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Peripheral Blood T Cells
- Workshop No. I T38; III T140,496
- Entrez Gene ID 920
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SK3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD4. The CD4 antigen is a 55 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is expressed on T-helper/inducer lymphocytes and monocytes. CD3+CD4+ T cells comprise approximately 28% to 58% of normal peripheral blood lymphocytes. CD4 is also expressed on 80% to 95% of normal thymocytes. The CD4 antigen is present in low density on the cell surface of monocytes and in the cytoplasm of monocytes and macrophages (CD3-CD4+). CD4 serves as a T cell coreceptor for MHC class II antigen recognition and as a receptor for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The SK3 antibody inhibits HIV binding to CD4+ cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).