PE Rat Anti-Mouse IFN-γ
Clone XMG1.2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IFN-γ Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The XMG1.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse interferon-γ (IFN-γ) protein. IFN-γ is a pleiotropic cytokine, of approximately 15-17 kDa, involved in the regulation of inflammatory and immune responses. It plays an important role in activation, growth, and differentiation of T and B lymphocytes, macrophages, NK cells and other non-hematopoietic cell types. IFN-γ production is associated with the Th1 cell differentiation. The purified form of this antibody has been reported to be a neutralizing antibody.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The XMG1.2 antibody is useful for the immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IFN-γ producing cells within mixed cell populations. The PE-conjugated XMG1.2 antibody is especially suitable for these studies. For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). A useful control for demonstrating specificity of staining is either of the following: (1) pre-block the fluorochrome-conjugated XMG1.2 antibody prior to staining, with unlabeled XMG1.2 antibody (Cat. No. 554409), or (2) pre-block with a molar excess of ligand, (e.g. recombinant mouse IFN-g; Cat. No. 554587) prior to staining.
A suitable rat IgG1 isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-permeabilized mouse or human cells is PE-R3-34 immunoglobulin (Cat. No. 554685); use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest.