BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse TNF
Clone MP6-XT22 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Tnf; Tnfa; TNF alpha; TNF-a; Tnfsf1a; Tnfsf2; TNFSF2; Cachectin; DIF
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse TNF
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MP6-XT22 antibody specifically binds to mouse Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF, also known as TNF-α). TNF is produced by many activated cell types including monocytes, macrophages, astrocytes, granulocytes, mast cells, T and B lymphocytes, NK cells, keratinocytes, fibroblasts, adipocytes, and certain tumor cells. Activated cells express type II transmembrane TNF glycoproteins that associate as homotrimeric complexes. After enzymatic cleavage, the extracellular regions of membrane TNF are shed as soluble homotrimers. TNF is a potent multifunctional cytokine that can exert regulatory and cytotoxic effects on a wide range of normal lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells and tumor cells. Although TNF serves as a primary mediator in protective immune responses against microbial and viral pathogens, it can also drive systemic pathophysiologic responses including septic shock, cachexia and autoimmune diseases. Mouse TNF exerts its biological activities by binding and signaling through cell surface membrane Type I and Type II TNF Receptors (aka, TNFRI/CD120a and TNFRII/CD120b, respectively).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.