Alexa Fluor® 700 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-2
Clone JES6-5H4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il2; Interleukin-2; T-cell growth factor; TCGF
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES6-5H4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse interleukin-2 (IL-2), a multifunctional cytokine that plays pivotal roles in immunity and tolerance. It is produced by activated T cells and affects the activation, growth, proliferation and/or differentiation of various cell types including T and B lymphocytes and their precursors, LAK cells, NK cells, and monocytes/macrophages. IL-2 mediates its biological activities by binding to IL-2 receptor complexes. The intermediate affinity IL-2R is comprised of IL-2Rβ (CD122) and common gamma chain (γc; CD132) subunits, whereas the high-affinity IL-2R is comprised of IL-2Rα (CD25), IL-2Rβ, and γc subunits. The JES6-5H4 monoclonal antibody binds to IL-2 and neutralizes its biological activity.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
Flow cytometry: The JES6-5H4 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IL-2 producing cells within mixed cell populations. A useful control investigators may consider using for demonstrating specificity of staining, is to pre-block with one of the following reagents: (1) recombinant mouse IL-2 (Cat. No. 550069) or (2) unlabeled JES6-5H4 antibody (Cat. No. 554425), prior to staining.