Alexa Fluor® 700 Rat Anti-Mouse IFN-γ
Clone XMG1.2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IFN-γ Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The XMG1.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse interferon-γ (IFN-γ) protein. IFN-γ is a pleiotropic cytokine, of approximately 15-17 kDa, involved in the regulation of inflammatory and immune responses. It plays an important role in activation, growth, and differentiation of T and B lymphocytes, macrophages, NK cells and other non-hematopoietic cell types. IFN-γ production is associated with the Th1 cell differentiation. The purified form of this antibody has been reported to be a neutralizing antibody.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
Recommended Assay Procedure:
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: XMG1.2 is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis on fixed and permeabilized cells to identify and enumerate IFN-γ producing cells within mixed cell populations. An appropriate rat IgG1 isotype control is BD Cat. No. 558001. For specific methodology, please visit the protocols section or chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook, both of which are posted on our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com.