V450 Mouse Anti-Human IFN-γ
Clone B27 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IFNG; Interferon-gamma; Interferon-γ; Type II interferon; MAF
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IFN-γ Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B27 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human interferon-γ (IFN-γ), a 14-18 kDa glycoprotein containing 143 amino acid residues. IFN-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine produced by several activated cell types including NK, NKT, CD4+TCRαβ+, CD8+TCRαβ+, and TCRγδ+ T cells. IFN-γ exerts its biological effects through specific binding to the high-affinity IFN-γ receptor complex comprised of IFN-γRα (CD119) and IFN-γRβ subunits. In addition to its antiviral effects, IFN-γ upregulates a number of lymphoid cell functions including the antimicrobial and anti-tumor responses of macrophages, NK cells, and neutrophils. In addition, IFN-γ influences the regulation of proliferation, differentiation, and effector responses of B cell and T cell subsets. These influences can involve IFN-γ's capacity to boost MHC class I and II expression by antigen-presenting cells as well as direct effects on B cells and T cells themselves. B27 is a neutralizing antibody. The use of B27 antibody for epitope mapping of human IFN-γ has been described. The B27 antibody has been reported not to bind to denatured IFN-γ.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.