Purified NA/LE Mouse Anti-Human IFN-γ
Clone B27 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IFNG; Interferon-gamma; Interferon-γ; Type II interferon; MAF
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Baboon, Cynomolgus (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Neutralization (Tested During Development)
Blocking, Immunoprecipitation, Western blot (Reported)
- Immunogen Human IFN-γ Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B27 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human interferon-γ (IFN-γ), a 14-18 kDa glycoprotein containing 143 amino acid residues. IFN-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine produced by several activated cell types including NK, NKT, CD4+TCRαβ+, CD8+TCRαβ+, and TCRγδ+ T cells. IFN-γ exerts its biological effects through specific binding to the high-affinity IFN-γ receptor complex comprised of IFN-γRα (CD119) and IFN-γRβ subunits. In addition to its antiviral effects, IFN-γ upregulates a number of lymphoid cell functions including the antimicrobial and anti-tumor responses of macrophages, NK cells, and neutrophils. In addition, IFN-γ influences the regulation of proliferation, differentiation, and effector responses of B cell and T cell subsets. These influences can involve IFN-γ's capacity to boost MHC class I and II expression by antigen-presenting cells as well as direct effects on B cells and T cells themselves. B27 is a neutralizing antibody. The use of B27 antibody for epitope mapping of human IFN-γ has been described. The B27 antibody has been reported not to bind to denatured IFN-γ.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.