PE Rat Anti-Human IL-2
Clone MQ1-17H12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL2; Interleukin-2; T-cell growth factor; TCGF
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MQ1-17H12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the multifunctional cytokine, human Interleukin-2 (IL-2). IL-2 is produced by activated T cells and has multiple functions that can affect the growth, proliferation, differentiation and survival of many different target cell types including T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages. The immunogen used to generate the MQ1-17H12 hybridoma was purified recombinant human IL-2 protein. The MQ1-17H12 antibody reportedly neutralizes the biological activity of human IL-2.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Flow cytometry: The MQ1-17H12 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IL-2 producing cells within mixed cell populations. A useful control investigators may consider using for demonstrating specificity of staining, is to pre-block with one of the following reagents: (1) recombinant human IL-2 (Cat. No. 554603) or (2) unlabeled MQ1-17H12 antibody (Cat. No. 554563), prior to staining.