Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse Anti-Human TNF
Clone MAb11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Tumor necrosis factor alpha; TNF-a; TNF-α; TNFSF2; Cachectin
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human TNF
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MAb11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human tumor necrosis factor (TNF, also known as TNF-α) protein. TNF is an efficient juxtacrine, paracrine and endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions. It regulates the growth and differentiation of a variety of cell types. TNF is cytotoxic for transformed cells when in conjunction with IFN-γ. It is secreted by activated monocytes/macrophages and other cells such as B cells, T cells and fibroblasts. The immunogen used to generate the MAb11 hybridoma was recombinant human TNF. The MAb11 antibody has been reported to crossreact with Rhesus Macaque TNF.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.