Pacific Blue™ Mouse anti-Stat1 (pY701)
Clone 14/P-STAT1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human Stat1 (pY701) Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Stat (Signal transducer and activators of transcription) proteins are critical mediators of the biologic activity of cytokines, including interleukins, interferons, erythropoietin, and growth factors. Ligand-receptor interaction leads to activation of constitutively associated JAK family kinases and subsequent recruitment/activation of Stat proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation. Active Stat proteins then move to the nucleus to promote transcription of cytokine-inducible genes. Seven Stat proteins have been cloned, each of which is differentially expressed and/or activated in a cytokine-specific and cell type-specific manner. Stat1 and Stat2 are components of the ISGF3 (Interferon-Stimulated Gene Factor 3) complex, which is the primary transcription activator induced by the binding of the interferon to a specific cell-surface receptor. Stat1 has two alternatively spliced isoforms, 91-kDa Stat1α and 84-kDa Stat1β; Stat1α has 38 additional C-terminal amino acids. In response to the binding of IFNα, IFNγ, EGF, PDGF, or CSF-1 to their respective receptors, the Stat1 subunits become tyrosine-phosphorylated at Y701, and the complex is translocated to the nucleus. This results in the formation of an active complex that includes the DNA-binding p48 subunit. This complex is responsible for modulating the transcription of the interferon-stimulated genes (ISGs).
The 14/P-STAT1 monoclonal antibody recognizes the phosphorylated Y701 in Stat1α and Stat1β.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.