Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD278
Clone DX29 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ICOS; DX-29; H4; Inducible T-cell costimulator; AILIM; CVID1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Activated human T cells
- Entrez Gene ID 29851
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DX29 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD278, which is also known as Inducible Costimulator (ICOS) or Inducible T-cell Costimulator. ICOS is a homodimeric type I transmembrane glycoprotein with an approximate molecular weight of 50-60 kDa. It is a member of the CD28 family and is highly expressed on activated T cells. CD278 is the receptor for ICOS-ligand (also known as, CD275, B7-H2, B7RP-1, or LICOS). Like CD28, ICOS can provide a costimulatory signal for T cell activation, proliferation and cytokine production. It is not expressed on resting or activated B cells, monocytes, NK cells, granulocytes, dendritic cells or platelets. Unlike the constitutively expressed CD28, ICOS is de novo expressed upon cellular activation. Reports describe similarities between CD28 and ICOS in T cell activation, such as the costimulation of cytokine production. However, it has been suggested that ICOS may play a greater role in IL-10 production. In the presence of IL-10, purified recombinant human ICOS protein significantly increased in vitro B cell growth stimulated by pokeweed mitogen (PWM) and enhanced production of IgG.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.