APC Mouse Anti-Human CD44
Clone G44-26 (also known as C26) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Phagocytic glycoprotein 1; Pgp-1; H-CAM; Hermes; ECMR III; HUTCH-1
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI A092
- Entrez Gene ID 960
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G44-26 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 80-95 kDa glycosylated type I transmembrane protein, CD44, also known as phagocytic glycoprotein-1 (Pgp-1). CD44 is the receptor for hyaluronic acid. CD44 is expressed on leucocytes, erythrocytes, epithelial cells and weakly on platelets. CD44 is also called extracellular matrix receptor type III and has functional roles in cell migration, lymphocyte homing and adhesion during hematopoiesis and lymphocyte activation. This antibody recognizes epitope 1 of CD44 antigen according to the HLDA workshop studies.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.