Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD86
Clone GL1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B7-2; Ly-58; Cd28l2; Early T-cell costimulatory molecule 1; ETC1; MB7; CLS1
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Fluorescence microscopy, Blocking, Immunoprecipitation (Reported)
- Immunogen Mouse (CBA/Ca) LPS-activated splenic B Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 12524
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The GL1 antibody specifically recognizes the B7-2 (CD86) costimulatory molecule expressed on a broad spectrum of leukocytes, including B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, thioglycollate-induced peritoneal macrophages, dendritic cells and astrocytes. CD86 is expressed at low levels by freshly explanted peripheral B and T cells, and its expression is substantially increased by a variety of T cell- and B cell-specific stimuli with a peak expression after 18-42 hours of culture. In contrast to most naive CD4+ T cells, memory CD4+ T cells express B7-2, both at the mRNA and protein level. CD86, a ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4), is one of the accessory molecules that plays an important role in T cell-B cell costimulatory interactions. It has been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class-switching and triggering of mouse NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD80 (B7-1) is an alternate ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). GL1 antibody reportedly blocks MLR and stimulation of T cells by natural antigen-presenting cells. In addition, a mixture of anti-B7-1 and anti B7-2 (GL1) mAbs reportedly inhibits the in vitro interaction of CTLA-4 with its ligand and the in vivo priming of cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Flow cytometry: Mouse BD Fc Block™ purified anti-CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2 (Cat. No. 553141) may help to reduce non-specific binding of GL1 antibody to cells bearing Fcγ-receptors. When using Mouse BD Fc Block™, a second step antibody which does not cross-react with the 2.4G2 antibody (rat IgG2b κ) must be used, such as FITC Mouse Anti-Rat IgG2a (clone RG7/1.30, Cat. No. 553896).
Immunohistochemistry: Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD86 (Cat. No. 550542) has been formulated for this application and is recommended.