PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD2
Clone RM2-5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LFA-2; LFA-3 receptor; Ly37; Ly-37; Lymphocyte antigen 37; T11
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse BALB/c Thymocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 12481
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RM2-5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the immunoglobulin superfamily adhesion molecule, CD2 (LFA-2). CD2 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that serves as the the major receptor for CD48 in the mouse. CD2 is involved in T-cell activation, immunoregulation, and thymocyte maturation. In the mouse, CD2 is expressed on peripheral T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, and NK cells, and a subpopulation of intraepithelial T lymphocytes. CD2 is expressed throughout mouse thymic ontogeny, except for distinct subsets of the CD4-CD8- early thymocytes. In the mouse bone marrow, CD2 is expressed on B220+ sIg+ CD43- pre-B cells, but not on CD43+ pro-B cells. The RM2-5 antibody is one of a set of five anti-mouse CD2 monoclonal antibodies that were classified into two groups according to their mutual competition in binding to cell surface CD2 and which block CD2-mediated cell-cell adhesion.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.