PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD103
Clone M290 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Itgae; Integrin alpha-E; αE; alpha-E1; ITAE; Integrin αIEL chain; aM290
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Intestinal Epithelial Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16407
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M290 antibody specificaly binds to CD103, the α chain of αIELβ7 integrin. CD103 has a unique and fairly restricted tissue distribution. It is expressed on almost all intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL), dendritic epidermal T cells (DEC), subpopulations of peripheral T cells, and distinct subsets of fetal, neonatal, and adult thymocytes. E-cadherin is the epithelial cell ligand for αIELβ7 integrin. The ordered expression of αIEL during thymocyte development (which occurs under the influence of the thymic epithelium), high level of αIEL expression on peripheral T cells in epithelial tissues (IEL and DEC), and expression of CD103 on a subset of CD8+ lymphocytes responding to allogeneic epithelial cells, suggest that αIELβ7 integrin may have a common role in the interactions of T lymphocytes with epithelia during T-cell maturation and effector functions. CD103 is thought to play a role in allograft rejection. The M290 antibody is reported to efficiently inhibit αIELβ7-mediated adhesion in in vitro assays.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.