PE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD28
Clone 37.51 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Syrian Hamster IgG2, λ1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Mouse EL-4 (T-cell lymphoma) Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 12487
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 37.51 antibody reacts with CD28, which is expressed on most thymocytes, at low density on nearly all CD4+ and CD8+ peripheral T cells, and at even lower density on NK cells. The expression of CD28, in splenocytes and thymocytes, has been reported to increase after activation. CD28 transcripts are found in mast cells, and cell-surface expression of CD28 is induced upon maturation or activation of mast cells. It has been reported that CD28 is not expressed on some populations of intraepithelial T lymphocytes. CD28 is a costimulatory receptor; its ligands include CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2). The 37.51 mAb augments proliferation and cytokine production by activated T and NK cells and can provide a costimulatory signal for CTL induction. There is considerable evidence that CD28 is a costimulatory receptor involved in many, but not all, T cell-dependent immune responses.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
Flow Cytometry: Since this antigen is expressed at low density on resting peripheral T lymphocytes, for flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that multicolor staining be performed to identify T lymphocytes and/or NK cells and that purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2 [Mouse BD Fc Block™] (Cat. No. 553141) be used.