FITC Rat Anti-Mouse CD86
Clone GL1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B7-2; Ly-58; Cd28l2; Early T-cell costimulatory molecule 1; ETC1; MB7; CLS1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse (CBA/Ca) LPS-activated splenic B Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 12524
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The GL1 antibody specifically recognizes the B7-2 (CD86) costimulatory molecule expressed on a broad spectrum of leukocytes, including B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, thioglycollate-induced peritoneal macrophages, dendritic cells and astrocytes. CD86 is expressed at low levels by freshly explanted peripheral B and T cells, and its expression is substantially increased by a variety of T cell- and B cell-specific stimuli with a peak expression after 18-42 hours of culture. In contrast to most naive CD4+ T cells, memory CD4+ T cells express B7-2, both at the mRNA and protein level. CD86, a ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4), is one of the accessory molecules that plays an important role in T cell-B cell costimulatory interactions. It has been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class-switching and triggering of mouse NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD80 (B7-1) is an alternate ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). GL1 antibody reportedly blocks MLR and stimulation of T cells by natural antigen-presenting cells. In addition, a mixture of anti-B7-1 and anti B7-2 (GL1) mAbs reportedly inhibits the in vitro interaction of CTLA-4 with its ligand and the in vivo priming of cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
Mouse BD Fc Block™ purified anti-mouse CD16/32 mAb 2.4G2 (Cat. No. 553141/553142) may help to reduce non-specific binding of GL1 antibody to cells bearing Fcγ-receptors.