BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse CD184
Clone 2B11/CXCR4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CXCR4, C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4; Fusin; LESTR; PB-CKR; Sdf1r
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen GST-NCXCR4 fusion protein
- Entrez Gene ID 12767
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2B11/CXCR4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse CD184, which is also known as the C-X-C Chemokine Receptor type 4 , CXCR4. CXCR4 (previously known as Fusin and LESTR), is a seven-transmembrane, G-protein-coupled receptor. It is the specific receptor for the CXC chemokine, SDF-1/CXCL12. Mouse CXCR4 shows 91% homology at the amino acid level with human CXCR4. CXCR4 is widely expressed by hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cell types including neutrophils, monocytes, T cells, B cells, CD34-positive progenitor cells, endothelial cells, neurons and astrocytes. Human CXCR4 is used by T-tropic HIV-1 as a co-receptor for viral entry. The mouse Cxcr4 gene has been mapped to chromosome 1.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.