BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD54
Clone HA58 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name ICAM-1; intercellular adhesion molecule 1; BB2; P3.58
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IFN-γ-treated BM314 colonic carcinoma cells
- Workshop No. VI A095
- Entrez Gene ID 3383
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HA58 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD54 which is also known as ICAM-1 (intracellular adhesion molecule-1). CD54 is an 85-110 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the immunoglobulin supergene family. A soluble form of CD54 can also be found in biological fluids. CD54 is expressed on endothelial cells and both resting (weak) and activated (moderate) lymphocytes and monocytes. CD54 is a ligand for LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18). The CD54 adhesion molecule plays roles in inflammatory and immune responses and neoplasia. This antibody (NA/LE format) blocks the mixed-lymphocyte reaction (MLR) and the purified format is suitable for staining acetone-fixed, frozen tissue sections.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.