BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD184
Clone 12G5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CXCR4; Fusin; SDF-1 receptor; LAP3; LCR1; LESTR; NPYY3R; NPY3R; WHIM; HM89
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SIVmac variant CP-MAC-infected Sup-T1 cells
- Workshop No. VII 70204, 70305
- Entrez Gene ID 7852
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 12G5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD184, also known as CXCR4 and Fusin. CD184/CXCR4 is a seven-transmembrane domain, G-protein-linked, glycoprotein chemokine receptor. CD184 serves as a receptor for the C-X-C chemokine, SDF-1. It is expressed on a wide variety of hematopoietic cells including lymphoid and myeloid precursor cells, megakaryocytes, platelets, T and B lymphocytes, granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, and dendritic cells. It is also expressed on vascular endothelial cells, epithelial cells, neurons and astrocytes. CD184 plays a variety of roles in hematopoiesis, vascularization and neural development. CD184 also functions as a coreceptor for infection with T-cell tropic strains of HIV-1 and as a receptor for CD4-independent infection by some HIV isolates. The 12G5 antibody has been reported to block CD4-independent infection by HIV-2 and CD4-dependent infection by some T-cell tropic isolates of HIV-1.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.