APC Mouse Anti-Human CD45RO
Clone UCHL1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-2-dependent T-cell line
- Workshop No. IV N31
- Entrez Gene ID 5788
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHL1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 180 kDa isoform of CD45 (aka, the Leukocyte Common Antigen). CD45RO is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that has cytoplasmic protein tyrosine phosphatase activity and functions in signal transduction pathways. This CD45 isoform does not include amino acid sequences encoded by the variable CD45 exons A, B, or C. CD45RO is expressed on most thymocytes, activated T cells, memory T cells, granulocytes and monocytes, but only on a proportion of resting T cells. CD45RO and CD45RA antibodies seem to define complementary, predominantly non-overlapping, populations in resting peripheral T cells, demonstrating heterogeneity within the CD8 and CD4 subpopulations. CD45RO binds to CD22.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.