APC Mouse Anti-Human CD25
Clone M-A251 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL-2R; IL2RA; IL-2Rα; TCGFR; TAC antigen; p55
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phytohemagglutinin stimulated human lymphocytes
- Workshop No. IV A053
- Entrez Gene ID 3559
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M-A251 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 55 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein known as low-affinity interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain subunit (IL-2Rα). CD25 is expressed on regulatory T cells, activated lymphocytes (T and B), and monocytes. It associates with the IL-2Rβ/CD122 and IL-2Rγ/CD132 receptor chains to form the high-affinity IL-2R complex. CD25 expression on T and B lymphocytes is upregulated by antigenic or mitogenic stimulation. Soluble CD25/IL-2Rα is produced as a consequence of lymphocyte stimulation and is found in biological fluids following inflammatory responses.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.