BUV395 Mouse Anti-SSEA-4
Clone MC813-70 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-4
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG3, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Teratocarcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MC813-70 monoclonal antibody reacts with Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-4 (SSEA-4), a carbohydrate epitope on the major ganglioside, but not the neutral glycolipid, of human teratocarcinoma cells. As its name implies, the expression of SSEA-4 is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. However, its expression pattern differs in the human and mouse. In the human, SSEA-4 is found on teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC), embryonic inner cell mass (ICM), embryonic stem (ES) cells, and the K562 erythromyeloid leukeumia cell line. As human stem cells undergo differentiation, SSEA-4 expression is lost. In the mouse, SSEA-4 is found on oocytes and early cleavage-stage embryos, and primitive ectoderm, but not on EC, ICM, or ES cells. In some cases, SSEA-4 expression appears upon differentiation of mouse EC or ES cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- mTESR™1 is a trademark of StemCell Technologies.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.