BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-60 Antigen
Clone TRA-1-60 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name TRA-1-60(R)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Monkey (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Embryonal Carcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TRA-1-60 monoclonal antibody reacts with the neuraminidase-resistant form of a pluripotent-stem-cell-specific epitope on a high-molecular-weight transmembrane glycoprotein. The TRA-1-60 antigen is a sialylated epitope on the same keratan sulfate core molecule, podocalyxin, as 4 other distinct antigens on tumor-derived cell lines, TRA-1-81, GCTM2, K4, and K21. The expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. The antigen is found on teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC), embryonic inner cell mass (but not morula or trophoblast), and embryonic stem (ES) cells. TRA-1-60 antigen is released into the serum of patients bearing testicular tumors containing EC cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is lost. Expression of TRA-1-60 antigen has also been observed on a rhesus monkey ES cell line (Thomson et al, 1995).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- mTESR™1 is a trademark of StemCell Technologies.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.