V450 Rat Anti-Mouse TER-119/Erythroid Cells
Clone TER-119 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Lymphocyte antigen 76; Ly76; Ly-76; TER-119; Ter119
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Fetal Liver
- Entrez Gene ID 104231
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TER-119 antibody specifically binds to a 52 kDa molecule associated with glycophorin A on cells of the erythroid lineage in embryonic yolk sac, fetal liver, newborn liver, adult bone marrow, adult peripheral blood, and adult lymphoid organs. The TER-119 antigen is expressed on erythroid cells from pro-erythroblast through mature erythrocyte stages, but not on cells with BFU-E or CFU-E activities. The TER-119 epitope is not detected on hematopoietic stem cells, lymphoid cells, myeloid cells, or erythroleukemia lines. The TER-119 mAb is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic progenitors to detect, or deplete cells committed to the hematopoietic lineages.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.