BV510 Rat Anti-Mouse TER-119/Erythroid Cells
Clone TER-119 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Lymphocyte antigen 76; Ly76; Ly-76; TER-119; Ter119
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Fetal Liver
- Entrez Gene ID 104231
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TER-119 antibody specifically binds to a 52 kDa molecule associated with glycophorin A on cells of the erythroid lineage in embryonic yolk sac, fetal liver, newborn liver, adult bone marrow, adult peripheral blood, and adult lymphoid organs. The TER-119 antigen is expressed on erythroid cells from pro-erythroblast through mature erythrocyte stages, but not on cells with BFU-E or CFU-E activities. The TER-119 epitope is not detected on hematopoietic stem cells, lymphoid cells, myeloid cells, or erythroleukemia lines. The TER-119 mAb is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic progenitors to detect, or deplete cells committed to the hematopoietic lineages.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.