BUV395 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6A/E
Clone D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ly-6A/E; Lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1; Ly-6A.2/Ly-6E.1; Sca-1; TAP
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent mouse T-cell line CTL-L
- Entrez Gene ID 110454
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The D7 monoclonal antibody recognizes Ly-6A.2 and Ly-6E.1, which are allelic members of the Ly-6 multigene family. Sca-1 (Ly6A/E), a phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein of about 18 kDa, is expressed on the multipotent hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow of mice with both Ly-6 haplotypes. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on distinct subpopulations of bone marrow and peripheral B lymphocytes as well as thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains with the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have few Ly-6A/E+ resting peripheral lymphocytes; activation of lymphocytes from mice of both Ly-6 haplotypes leads to strong expression of the Sca-1 antigen. Studies with the D7 antibody have demonstrated that Ly-6A/E may be involved in the regulation of B and T lymphocyte responses, and appears to be required for T-cell receptor-mediated T-cell activation. The purified E13-161.7 mAb (anti-Ly-6A/E) can block binding of FITC-conjugated D7 antibody to mouse splenocytes, but purified mAb D7 is unable to block binding of FITC-conjugated E13-161.7 antibody. Anti-Ly-6A/E (Sca-1) mAb may be used in combination with a Mouse Lineage Panel of antibodies to identify HSC.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser-equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).