Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse TER-119/Erythroid Cells
Clone TER-119 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Lymphocyte antigen 76; Ly76; Ly-76; TER-119; Ter119
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Fetal Liver
- Entrez Gene ID 104231
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TER-119 antibody specifically binds to a 52 kDa molecule associated with glycophorin A on cells of the erythroid lineage in embryonic yolk sac, fetal liver, newborn liver, adult bone marrow, adult peripheral blood, and adult lymphoid organs. The TER-119 antigen is expressed on erythroid cells from pro-erythroblast through mature erythrocyte stages, but not on cells with BFU-E or CFU-E activities. The TER-119 epitope is not detected on hematopoietic stem cells, lymphoid cells, myeloid cells, or erythroleukemia lines. The TER-119 mAb is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic progenitors to detect, or deplete cells committed to the hematopoietic lineages.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
For IHC, we recommend the use of purified TER-119 mAb in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry, Cat. No. 550565.