PE Mouse Anti-Human CD209
Clone DCN46 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name DC-SIGN
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Monocyte Derived DC Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DCN46 antibody specifically binds to dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3 grabbing nonintegrin (DC-SIGN or CD209), a type-II membrane protein of approximately 44 kDa with a mannose-binding C-type lectin domain. It is highly expressed on dendritic cells in mucosal tissues. Its sequence is identical to the HIV-1 envelope gp120-binding C-type lectin, and reports suggest that DC-SIGN binds to HIV-1 gp120 and effectively transmits infectious HIV-1 to resting T lymphocytes expressing CD4 and chemokine receptors. The C-type lectin domain of DC-SIGN is also capable of binding other pathogenic viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Reports also suggest that DC-SIGN enables the highly efficient migration of dendritic cells from blood into the tissues. It can interact with ICAM-2, which has a similar sequence as ICAM-3, and is abundantly expressed on vascular and lymphoid endothelium. Thus, DC-SIGN mediates dendritic cells rolling and transendothelial migration, and its interaction with ICAM-2 is essential to specific migratory functions of dendritic cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.