PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD71
Clone C2 (also known as C2F2) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Transferrin Receptor; TR; TfR; TfR1; Tfrc; Trfr; Mtvr-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WF, also known as Wistar Furth IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse cell line
- Entrez Gene ID 22042
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The C2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD71, the transferrin receptor. CD71 is a disulfide-linked homodimer of 95-kDa subunits. CD71 mediates one of the cellular mechanisms for iron uptake, and its expression is regulated according to the cell's iron requirements. It is expressed at high levels on developing erythroid cells, and it is upregulated after mitogenic activation of B or T lymphocytes. The C2 monoclonal antibody selectivity inhibits some types of T- and B-cell activation by down-regulation of transferrin receptor expression, but it does not block binding of transferrin.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
This antibody conjugate is compatible with intracellular staining protocols using the BD Cytofix/Cytoperm™ Kit (Cat. no 554714).