Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD71
Clone M-A712 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TFR; TFRC; Trfr; TfR1; Transferrin receptor protein 1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen T-CLL and Jurkat Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M-A712 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD71 which is also known as the transferrin receptor (TFR). This type II transmembrane glycoprotein is expressed on cells as a disulfide-linked homodimer comprised of 95 kDa monomers. CD71 is expressed on activated lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, erythroid progenitors, brain endothelium, and most proliferating cells. CD71 is not expressed on resting lymphocytes and is upregulated during lymphocyte responses to antigens or mitogens. Through an endocytic pathway, the transferrin receptor mediates cellular iron uptake by binding and internalizing iron that is bound to transferrin. After releasing iron within the low pH endosomal environment, transferrin and its receptor can be recycled to the cell surface.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.