Pacific Blue™ Mouse Anti-Human CD11b/Mac-1
Clone ICRF44 (also known as 44) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name MAC-1A; Mac-1; ITGAM; Integrin alpha M; CR3A; CR-3 alpha; Mo1; SLEB6
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human monocytes
- Workshop No. IV M047
- Entrez Gene ID 3684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ICRF44 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, the 165-kDa adhesion glycoprotein that associates with the 95-kDa integrin β2 (CD18) to form the CD11b/CD18 complex, also known as Mac-1 or CR3. CD11b is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by ITGAM (Integrin alpha M). It is expressed on activated lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes, and a subset of NK cells. CD11b functions in cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions and is a receptor for iC3b, CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2) and CD50 (ICAM-3). This antibody significantly inhibits polymorphonuclear leukocyte aggregation in response to fMLP.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.