APC Mouse Anti-Human HLA-ABC
Clone G46-2.6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Major histocompatibility complex, class I, A,B,C; HLA class I A,B,C
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) complex is the human version of the MHC, helping the immune system distinguish the body's own proteins versus those from foreign invaders, such as viruses. Humans have three main MHC class I genes, known as HLA-A, HLA-B and HLA-C. Major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I molecules, which are widely found on the surface of nucleated cells, function by binding peptides and displaying them on the cell surface to cytotoxic T-cells. Intracellular degradation of cytosolic proteins by the proteasome generates many of the peptides that load MHC class I molecules. MHC class I may also serve as an inhibitory ligand for natural killer (NK) cell receptors (KIR, Killer Immunoglobulin-like Receptors), which viruses may modulate expression levels for to evade immune detection. The G46-2.6 monoclonal antibody binds to a monomorphic epitope on the alpha chain of HLA-A, HLA-B and HLA-C.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.