V450 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6A/E
Clone D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ly-6A/E; Lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1; Ly-6A.2/Ly-6E.1; Sca-1; TAP
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent mouse T-cell line CTL-L
- Entrez Gene ID 110454
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The D7 monoclonal antibody recognizes Ly-6A.2 and Ly-6E.1, which are allelic members of the Ly-6 multigene family. Sca-1 (Ly6A/E), a phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein of about 18 kDa, is expressed on the multipotent hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow of mice with both Ly-6 haplotypes. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on distinct subpopulations of bone marrow and peripheral B lymphocytes as well as thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains with the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have few Ly-6A/E+ resting peripheral lymphocytes; activation of lymphocytes from mice of both Ly-6 haplotypes leads to strong expression of the Sca-1 antigen. Studies with the D7 antibody have demonstrated that Ly-6A/E may be involved in the regulation of B and T lymphocyte responses, and appears to be required for T-cell receptor-mediated T-cell activation. The purified E13-161.7 mAb (anti-Ly-6A/E) can block binding of FITC-conjugated D7 antibody to mouse splenocytes, but purified mAb D7 is unable to block binding of FITC-conjugated E13-161.7 antibody. Anti-Ly-6A/E (Sca-1) mAb may be used in combination with a Mouse Lineage Panel of antibodies to identify HSC.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.