PE-CF594 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6A/E
Clone D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ly-6A/E; Lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1; Ly-6A.2/Ly-6E.1; Sca-1; TAP
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent mouse T-cell line CTL-L
- Entrez Gene ID 110454
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The D7 monoclonal antibody recognizes Ly-6A.2 and Ly-6E.1, which are allelic members of the Ly-6 multigene family. Sca-1 (Ly6A/E), a phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein of about 18 kDa, is expressed on the multipotent hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow of mice with both Ly-6 haplotypes. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on distinct subpopulations of bone marrow and peripheral B lymphocytes as well as thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains with the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have few Ly-6A/E+ resting peripheral lymphocytes; activation of lymphocytes from mice of both Ly-6 haplotypes leads to strong expression of the Sca-1 antigen. Studies with the D7 antibody have demonstrated that Ly-6A/E may be involved in the regulation of B and T lymphocyte responses, and appears to be required for T-cell receptor-mediated T-cell activation. The purified E13-161.7 mAb (anti-Ly-6A/E) can block binding of FITC-conjugated D7 antibody to mouse splenocytes, but purified mAb D7 is unable to block binding of FITC-conjugated E13-161.7 antibody. Anti-Ly-6A/E (Sca-1) mAb may be used in combination with a Mouse Lineage Panel of antibodies to identify HSC.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red®. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red® yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red® (eg 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: email@example.com.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.