APC Rat anti-Mouse FLK-1
Clone Avas 12α1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD309; Fetal liver kinase 1; Kdr; VEGF Receptor-2; VEGFR-2; AVAS12;
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Flk-1 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Avas 12α1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to fetal liver kinase 1 (Flk-1) which is also known as CD309. Flk-1 is a receptor protein tyrosine kinase which is closely related to CD117 (c-kit) and CD140a (PDGF Receptor α chain) of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Flk-1, also known as VEGF Receptor-2 (VEGF-R2 or VEGFR2), is a receptor for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). It is expressed, at the mRNA and protein levels, on distinct sets of mesoderm during gastrulation and on endothelial cells in embryonic and adult tissues. In vivo and in vitro studies indicate that Flk-1 is required for the embryonic development of vascular endothelial and hematopoietic cells.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.