APC-Cy™7 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6A/E
Clone D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly-6A/E; Lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1; Ly-6A.2/Ly-6E.1; Sca-1; TAP
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent mouse T-cell line CTL-L
- Entrez Gene ID 110454
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The D7 monoclonal antibody recognizes Ly-6A.2 and Ly-6E.1, which are allelic members of the Ly-6 multigene family. Sca-1 (Ly6A/E), a phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein of about 18 kDa, is expressed on the multipotent hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow of mice with both Ly-6 haplotypes. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on distinct subpopulations of bone marrow and peripheral B lymphocytes as well as thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains with the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have few Ly-6A/E+ resting peripheral lymphocytes; activation of lymphocytes from mice of both Ly-6 haplotypes leads to strong expression of the Sca-1 antigen. Studies with the D7 antibody have demonstrated that Ly-6A/E may be involved in the regulation of B and T lymphocyte responses, and appears to be required for T-cell receptor-mediated T-cell activation. The purified E13-161.7 mAb (anti-Ly-6A/E) can block binding of FITC-conjugated D7 antibody to mouse splenocytes, but purified mAb D7 is unable to block binding of FITC-conjugated E13-161.7 antibody. Anti-Ly-6A/E (Sca-1) mAb may be used in combination with a Mouse Lineage Panel of antibodies to identify HSC.
APC-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC and a cyanine dye (Cy7). Special precautions must be taken with APC-Cy7 conjugates, and cells stained with them, to protect the fluorochrome from long-term exposure to light. Some APC-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectra with prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with APC-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC-Cy7 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher.
- APC-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of Allophycocyanin (APC), which is excited by laser lines between 595 and 647 nm and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 780 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in APC-Cy7, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from APC, and minimizing required electronic compensation in multilaser-laser flow cytometry systems. Note: Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-Cy7 conjugate.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.